[Mailman-Users] Sendmail 8.12.1 + MailMan

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 5 05:59:00 CEST 2001

On Thursday 04 October 2001 12:03, Rich West wrote:
> This is going to sound stupid, but, with Sendmail's new MSP
> configuration, I have been unable to get sendmail + MailMan to work
> properly.  I feel like I am in a catch-22 here: o Configure Defaults.py
> to use SMTPDirect, and sendmail starts seeing email from list (outgoing
> to queue members) as being 'from' the list member, and, hence, sendmail
> denies it because it looks like spam (aka: the sender is not a local
> user) o Configure Defaults.py to use Sendmail, although non-secure, it
> worked under 8.11.x without any hitches.  Now, using the MSP aspect of
> the latest sendmail, I get:

I haven't up to the grade of 8.12 yet, but I hear folks are having a great
time and I should step up soon...  Have you looked at playing with the
/etc/mail/access file to allow relaying for your Mailman install?  In the
past that has allowed folks to open up relaying for a their installs.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes