[Mailman-Users] setting up new list-Cobalt RaQ4

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 7 04:41:56 CEST 2001

At this point, you don't know whether "test" works or not.  Mailman does
not send a confirmation of list creation.  It has no idea when you will get
around to adding the aliases and updating them, so it wisely chooses to
wait.

Now login to the admin site (or listinfo site) and add your email address
to the list as a user and make sure you have "send welcome message" checked.

If you get the welcome message your halfway to knowing that your list works
just fine.

The next test is to send an email to the list and see if you get it.  Done.

Jon Carnes