[Mailman-Users] Problem in subscribing members

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Tue Oct 9 15:27:08 CEST 2001

If you scan the archives of this list, you will see that you have to be
*very* careful when pasting in email addresses.  One thing to avoid is using
the format:  Jon Carnes < nospam at nospam.com >
for the email address.  I would wager that there are some extra characters
(perhaps even some spaces in the wrong places...) in the names of some of
the folks you pasted in.

Feel free to re-paste the list of folks into the Admin's "user management"
page, but be careful to use only the email address and leave behind any
other extraneous data.  I.E. just paste nospam at nospam.com as the above
address.

Mailman won't subscribe the same email address twice, so if you see what
looks like a duplicate to your eye, then you will know there were some extra
characters pulled over the first time around.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes