[Mailman-Users] Changing a list name

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Oct 12 00:05:47 CEST 2001

Mike Avery wrote:

> I'd like to change the name of a Mailman hosted
> mailing list.  The only way I see to do that is to delete
> it and start over, but I really don't want to do that.
>
> Is there a clean way to rename a mailing list?

    I've never tried this, however others have claimed to be able to do
this by simple renaming the aliases, renaming the list directories and
archive names, and then setting the name correctly in the
configuration.  I'd say backup that list before you start fiddling with
it. :)

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.