[Mailman-Users] Is there a limit

miket at scitechsoft.com miket at scitechsoft.com
Tue Oct 16 19:13:21 CEST 2001

Yea you are right.  The lock files contained the files with (pid).  After
I clean the ~mailman/lock directory and kill the process/s I get:
apache     802  0.5  2.1  4344 2752 ?        S    08:46   0:00
/usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/scripts/driver admin
in my processes after I try to access the /members portion of the
list in question.

What is qrunner.lock this is also appearing in the ~mailman/lock
directory.

Thanks for any help.
MikeT

On 15 Oct 2001, at 21:06, Jon Carnes wrote:

> > Is there a limit how many names can be on a list.  Does it slow
> > down if a list gets too big.
> > This only happens trying to get to the admin page.  I can still get to
> > the subscribe info.  It opens at /info not on /admin.
> > I am experiencing a problem with only one of my lists.  It happens
> > to be the largest list.  All of the other lists open fine and work
> > correctly.
> >
> > Thank You
> > MikeT
>
> A fast processor, SCSI disk subsystem, and an optimized MTA like Postfix
> can help out with large lists.  Folks have reported lists as high as
> 200,000 email addresses without problems.
>
> You might want to check your lockfiles in ~mailman/locks
> If there are files in there, then Mailman may think that some other process
> is using the database, and is locking you out.  The name of the lock file
> will contain the name of the mailing list and end in the process number
> that has the lock.
>
> Assuming you find a lock file keeping you out, you can find the process by
> ps ax |grep process#  (at least in Linux)
>
> If the process is non-existent, then delete the lock file.  If the process
> is frozen, kill the process first, then remove the lock file.  If its still
> running, then you've got to speed up your system!
>
> Good Luck - Jon Carnes

SciTech Software Inc,
Michael E. Todd
System Administrator