[Mailman-Users] unsubbing people who don't know their address

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Sun Oct 21 21:10:45 CEST 2001

    GW> You don't have to read Python, just English.  Running
    GW> find_member without arguments gives a help message.

And all bin scripts should take a standard -h/--help flag which just
prints the usage docstring and exits.

    GW> If you don't know which lists this person is a member of,
    GW> find_member looks useful.

    GW> If you know the list in question, you probably want to use
    GW> list_members with our old friend grep.  Eg. to find all
    GW> "@aol.com" users on "foo-list":

bin/find_member is useful whether or not you know the list in
question.  It takes a -l/--listname option to narrow the search to a
single mailing list.

In Mailman 2.1, the list's Membership List page has a "search by
regexp" feature that can be used to look for matching addresses.  It
doesn't search across more than one mailing list though (that's for
a future release when we have a unified member database).  Still it
should be pretty handy.

-Barry