[Mailman-Users] Sendmail getting bum rap...

Amanda arandall at auntminnie.com
Thu Oct 25 19:48:29 CEST 2001

My fundamental issue with sendmail is that it's not intuitive. The docs aren't
intuitive or even helpful. One arrives at optimum system performance not by
reading and making informed tweaks to the system, but by randomly twiddling and
praying for the best. In other words, it's basically voodoo, and that doesn't
jibe with being the kind of no-bull system adminstrator I tend to be. Ditto for
Cisco equipment - if I need a Ph.D. and five feet of shelf space for the manuals
required to make it run, I don't want it on my network...

=)
Amanda