[Mailman-Users] Mailman and exim problem (relay trouble)

Moacir moacir at zuikis.uchicago.edu
Sat Oct 27 01:02:21 CEST 2001

I wrote re: qrunner not delivering on 24 October 01:

> Jon Carnes wrote on 24 October 01:
>
> > In you ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py and Defaults.py what is the value of your
> > Delivery defaults?
>
> They aren't declared in mm_cfg.py, and the Defaults.py are, as I've been
> instructed, untouched.
>
> I changed SMTPHOST to 'lithchat.com' and now it seems to be
> delivering--oops, except now I'm having relaying problems.

Now this is perplexing me, too, and I thought I'd ask here before I
moved on to the exim mailing list.

In my exim.conf, I have this:

local_domains = 192.168.0.6:127.0.0.1:lithchat.com

relay_domains = *.lithchat.com

Now, here is the error I get in ~mailman/logs/smtp-failure:

Oct 26 17:48:58 2001 (2789) delivery to tester-owner at lithchat.com failed with code 550: 5.7.1 <tester-owner at lithchat.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [192.168.0.6]

I've been getting this error forever, and cannot figure out why on earth
it simply refuses to relay for mailman *only*

ideas? I know I'm not the only person on this list who uses exim...

--m