[Mailman-Users] mysterious error shell-init: could not get current directory

Lucas Hofman lucas.hofman at pgs.com
Tue Oct 30 13:34:27 CET 2001

I have just installed Mailman on a Linux box with postfix as the MTA. I have
a test list with 4 subscribers.

Now and then (note the uncertaincy of when) is the following block of errors
displayed on a console window of the machine where Mailman is installed:

shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories: No such file or directory
shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories: No such file or directory
shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories: No such file or directory
shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories: No such file or directory

I think this is related to posting, but cannot repeat it at will. The list
appears to work OK, except for the threaded view of the archive. It is
formatted excacted like the 'date' view.

Anybody seen this?
--
Regards,

Lucas Hofman
PGS Research                                    work: +47 67514059
PO Box 354                                       fax: +47 67526640
N-1326 Lysaker, Norway                          home: +47 67581373