[Mailman-Users] post to list showing "sent by list-admin"

J C Lawrence claw at 2wire.com
Wed Oct 31 19:20:25 CET 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:25:45 -0800
David A Gilbert <David> wrote:

> We are using Mailman 2.0.6 on RedHat Linux7.0 machine. List is
> configured so that when people reply to list, the reply gets sent
> to poster.

Good.

> If they do a "Reply All", it goes to poster at domain, and cc'd to
> list at domain, and list-admin at domain.

If so their MUA is broken.

> Is there anyway to configure mailman so that message does not get
> sent to list-admin at domain?

This is not a Mailman problem, this is an MUA problem.  For some
bizarre reason their MUA is adding the value of the Sender: header
to the distribution list.  This is fundamentally wrong as per the
definition of the Sender: header.

> Also, posts from list have poster's email address, but say
> "Sent-By" list-admin at domain, can list be configured so that
> "Sent-By" is the poster's email address only?

Again, this is an MUA problem.  For an equally bizarre reason the
MUA is displaying the Sender: header as the "Sent-By:".

> Mail client is LotusNotes.

Then LotusNotes is broken as described above, which is not s
surprise, and needs to be fixed

--
J C Lawrence