[Mailman-Users] GID Error

Chris J. Babyak chris at launchcyte.com
Fri Sep 14 22:13:30 CEST 2001

Greetings,

I realize this is probably posted to the list almost daily, however I've
gone through previous posts, and haven't found a solution that works.

I've installed mailman 2.0.6 with sendmail, and placed a sym link to the
wrapper in /etc/smrsh as listed in the docs.

Here's my configure options:
./configure --prefix=/home/mailman --with-mail-gid=2 --with-username=533 --w
ith-groupname=536

The daemon uid/gid are 2.

When I send to the test list, I get this:

"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post testlist"
    (expanded from: <testlist at domain.com>)

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 2, GOT gid 12.  (Reconfigure to take 12?)
554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post testlist"... unknown mailer error 2

GID 12 in my system is the mail user as set by my linux distrib, but I've
specifically set the GID above, from the first install.  I've reinstalled
about 5 times now.

All CGI and scripts seem to run fine, other than this.  Running it from the
command line as daemon runs ok.

Thanks,

Chris