[Mailman-Users] Help getting error Too many open files in system when sending

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at innominate.com
Thu Sep 20 20:04:54 CEST 2001

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 10:53:48AM -0700, Rick Backer wrote:

> I get this error after sending out a email to are list. The size of
> the list is 149.271 Does someone know what is happening to create this
> error

What does the log say?

> I am running mailman ver 2.0.5 on a Ghz amd with 512 mem, using OS
> linux,GNU  kernel 2.2.19 ver  and MTA of Exim ver 3.12-10

Boost the Kernel Limits for open files etc according to:
http://www.postfix.org/faq.html#moby-linux
(yes, it's also valid for Exim)

BTW, Postfix's about 50% faster:
http://www-dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~ma/postfix/vsqmail.html

--
Ralf.Hildebrandt at innominate.com                           innominate AG
+49.(0)30.308806-62  fax: -77                         networking people