[Mailman-Users] Backup subscribers and settings

Rodolfo Pilas rodolfo at linux.org.uy
Fri Sep 21 01:10:36 CEST 2001

El Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:11:56 +0200
Tjalling Kikkert <tjalling.kathleen at wxs.nl> ha escrito:

> On 18-09-2001 19:55 Rodolfo Pilas wrote:

> > Is there are any way to backup subscribed users and setting of a mail
> > list?

> Try ./list_members name_of_list in mailman. All addresses will be sent
> standard out, ./list_members -o file_to_write_addresses_to name_of_list
> and
> you're there.. :-)

You are right!   With the attached two scripts you can obtain a complete
tgz of the mailserver configuration.
This backup is to be run one time a day.

Of course it is very simple; in Python somebody can do something better
but I do not know python.  I sent this idea and scripts to
mailman-developers to the Mailman hackers.

--

 Rodolfo Pilas                  Quien los puso a estos tipos donde estan,
 rodolfo at linux.org.uy           Quien los deja seguir en su lugar,

   Public GnuPG key: http://www.keyserver.net 1024D/57153363 2001-06-02
   key fingerprint = DAAE 3246 3F7D A420 B7A0  48A5 D120 C773 5715 3363