[Mailman-Users] changing subject and from fields

Mark T. Valites valites at geneseo.edu
Tue Sep 25 22:00:28 CEST 2001

    I was curious if there was a way to (in effect masq, or at least
make a little less obvious) the fact that mail being sent to a user on a
list was indeed being sent to a list.  More specifically, here's what I
am looking for.

1. I would like to change the: from "listname-request", to something
more along the lines of: from "Our Department", or something similar...

2.  Subject line.  Instead of telling them they are on a list, somthing
along the lines of "Thanks for your interest in our group"...

I played a little with a previous thread that suggested to use alias for
a slightly different end, but I didn't think it would acheive what I was
aiming for.  Perhaps there is still promise in this thought...