[Mailman-Users] Is there any way to restrict posting on only one email address?

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Thu Sep 27 16:04:36 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
> For an annoucement list I would like subscribers not to be able to post.
> Is there any way to restrict posting on only one email or few address?
>
> Thanks.
> Peter

You will find everything you need under "Privacy Options" in the Admin/setup
interface.
===
Must posts be approved by an administrator - Yes

Addresses of members accepted for posting to this list without implicit
approval requirement. - Addresses of those allowed to post.

===
This sets up the list so that the allowed posters can post freely and anyone
else's post goes to the admins for approval (or to be discarded).  If you
always want to discard the queued up posts waiting for approval, then setup
a cron job to delete them:
  rm ~mailman/data/heldmsg-LISTNAME-*