[Mailman-Users] Using Mail-From: Authentification

Franz Georg Köhler lists at openunix.de
Thu Sep 27 23:33:49 CEST 2001

Hi everybody,
I'm currently running mailman 1.1 and experiencing problems with
mailman's recognition of member's posts.
Mailman by default checks if the envelope sender is subscribed to the
list, if not, the post is forwarded to the list admin.
There is an option 'USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER', which, if set to '0', will
cause mailman to use the sender:-Header instead.

Unfortunately, I need mailman to just use the from:-Header as
authentification, due to the fact that exim prevents me from changing my
sender header to the address which i'm using on mailing lists.

Is there a way to accomplish this?