[Mailman-Users] Scaling Mailman

Mike Horwath drechsau at Geeks.ORG
Sun Sep 30 01:29:15 CEST 2001

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 05:00:32PM -0500, Chris Greer wrote:
> Right now we are running on Solaris, and for political and financial
> reasons, that will probably not change in the next year or so.

Solaris is cool.

> We are also running our lists on the mail server with users.  We are
> strongly considering moving the lists to a separate list server.

I would seperate it off and you should get some gain that way.

Also, what MTA are you using?

With Postfix, I can deliver 30K messages pretty damn quick.  When I
was still using Sendmail and Mailman 1.0 - it would be a few hours.

Qmail should be almost as fast :)

--
Mike Horwath           IRC: Drechsau         drechsau at Geeks.ORG
Home: 763-540-6815  1901 Sumter Ave N, Golden Valley, MN  55427