[Mailman-Users] use of MIME stripping plugins

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Apr 2 19:07:09 CEST 2002

    Jo> I'm about ready to try Alex's stripmime.pl, because I've tried every
    Jo> imaginable configuration and can't seem to get the patch from
    Jo> sourceforge to work at all...and no one here has fessed up yet that
    Jo> they've got it working on their install.

    Jo> (using FreeBSD 4.4, sendmail 8.11.6, Python 2.1.1, Mailman 2.0.8)

I had a little difficulty getting StripMime to work with setndmail.  It
turns out that aliases like

    foo:  "| prog1 | prog2 | ... | progN"

don't work because sendmail (or smrsh) strips everything through the last
pipe character.  You need to write a little shell script that does the above
piping and make it the target of the alias.

That said, I have no idea if this is the cause of your problems, but it
might be worth one last try before throwing in the towel on the sf patch.

Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)