[Mailman-Users] Regex for allowed posters?

Stephen Dowdy dowdy at cs.colorado.edu
Wed Apr 3 22:54:32 CEST 2002

I have some lists for a user where the following conditions are required:

	- There's an administrator who doesn't want to moderate
    - posting is restricted to list members
	- Additionally anyone in .*@cs.colorado.edu should be allowed to post

(The intent of this configuration is to have students on a list where any
faculty can send them e-mail w/o intervention, with the hope that this
would reduce the spam volume for the list)

I've seen mention in the archives of using something like:

    posters = ['.*@cs\.colorado\.edu']

however, it never matches anyone, and the admin has to approve the
postings. from glancing at the python code, it looks like 'posters'
checking does only "smart" checking, but no regex.

Is there a way to do what i want, and if not, is there any intention of
making 'posters' support regex?  (and if 'mailman' isn't appropriate for
handling this type of list, can anyone recommend another list manager
(with a web ui) to do this?)

thanks,
--stephen
--
Stephen Dowdy - Systems Administrator - CS Dept - Univ of Colorado at Boulder
dowdy at cs.colorado.edu  --  http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~dowdy/signature.html