[Mailman-Users] Blocking few features for listadmin

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Apr 10 18:05:25 CEST 2002

On 4/10/02 8:58 AM, "Jon Carnes" <jonc at haht.com> wrote:

> This is a tough one.  The best way to handle it, is simply lay down the law
> and remove admins who break your rules.

I've had a couple of fights over this one. It's convinced me to create a
formal "terms and conditions" document outlining rights and responsibilities
of a list admin. Unfortunately, dinking with "reply to" is one of those
things that is forcing that issue, because I have a specific site-wide
standard, and once in a while, I have an admin who won't accept that (more
often, they don't remember, and it's unfair to yell at them because they
don't memorize the rules I don't have written down anywhere). I had that
discussion again this week, in fact.

So I'm going to formalize out a document explaining what the standards are,
and what the expectations for a list admin are. And violations like tweaking
frozen values cause admins to get locked out the frist time, repeated
violations will get an admin replaced or the list shut down. Right now, I'm
working on the "trust you to cooperate" mode, and while 95% of them do just
fine, that's just not good enough, and the fights that entail with that
other 5% just aren't constructive.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam my clothes down here, will you?