[Mailman-Users] A few minor questions

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Wed Apr 10 18:26:00 CEST 2002

Hi,

    Since I decided (probably foolishly) to jump into the headers
debate, now's probably a good time to end my lurking and ask a couple
of questions that have been nagging at me.

1) Is it possible to include the subscriber's address in the list's
footer when using the Web interface?  (That is, no source edits or
command-line options are possible for me.)  For example, I'd like to
add a line something like "You are subscribed to the list as
'eric at meyerweb.com'.  I haven't found any documentation of such an
attribute.

2) Is there a way to offer users, via the Web-based interface, the
ability to choose whether or not their Reply-To header gets munged?
I suspect not, but if there's an option variable I can address via
the options form, I'll be more than happy to hack the HTML to include
that option.  Having that as an option would let users decide for
themselves whether or not they consider munging harmful or useful,
and act accordingly.

3) Similarly, is there a way in the Web-based options interface to
let users choose whether or not the list's name is prefixed in the
Subject line?  Some subscribers filter on the list address, but
others prefer subject-line filters so that offlist correspondence is
dumped in the same folder (which I find weird, but that's me).  A few
people have asked if there's a way to set this as an account option,
and I couldn't find one, so I thought I'd ask you folks.

    And if any of these are answered in the FAQ, could someone give me
a keyword or two on which to search?  My searches of the FAQ have
come up dry so far.  Thanks!

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric at meyerweb.com) http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/
Author, "Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide" and