[Mailman-Users] Password Help

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Fri Apr 12 14:58:45 CEST 2002

At 17:42 12/04/2002 +0530, Krishna Rao SN wrote:
>After changing  the List Administrator password from the general page, now
>I can login with both old as well as new password.
>
>If I change the password using mmsitepass command, it works only with new
>password.
>
>Any comment?
>--Krishna

And that is because:

1. there is a site password, which is set or changed using mmsitepass command.

2. in addition, every list has its own list admin password which is set by
the newlist command and can be changed through the web GUI.

The site password can be used in place of a list admin password to access
the admin web GUI page for any list whereas the per list password only
works for the particular list it is associated with.