[Mailman-Users] Installation Help!

Smith Ellis smith at smithellis.com
Fri Apr 12 21:26:44 CEST 2002

Hello all.  Very new to Linux, and very new to Mailman.

Mailman default installed with my Red Hat 7.2 system, and I really want
to use it!  However, when I went to confirm that everything was fine
(bin/check_perms) I get the following error:

Traceback (inntermost last):
  File "bin/check_perms", line 50, in ?
      MAILMAN_GRPNAME = grp.getgrgid(MAILMAN_GID>[0]
TypeError: illegal argument type for built-in operation

I went ahead and tried a test list.  It did send me a mail, but all the
links are 404.

Apache is running, but I'm not 100% I've added the "cgi-script"
permissions properly, or to the right file.

Can anyone hold my hand a little, and send me some details?

Thanks all,

Smith Ellis