[Mailman-Users] Digest problems - 2.1b1

Sarah K. Miller techgrrl at beeze.com
Wed Apr 17 21:08:31 CEST 2002

I'm having trouble with my digests in 2.1b1. I'm trying to get the "extraneous" headers removed from the digest. I've edited /Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py  to read as:

KEEP = ['Date', 'From', 'To', 'Cc', 'Subject', 'Message-ID', 'Keywords',
        # I believe we should also keep these headers though.
        # 'In-Reply-To', 'References', 'Content-Type', 'MIME-Version',
        # 'Content-Transfer-Encoding', 'Precedence',
        # Mailman 2.0 adds these headers, but they don't need to be kept from
        # the original message: Message
        ]

However, it leaves the additional headers in the digest unless I force a digest to be generated manually. The digest settings are also ignoring the size specified by my list admin. It's set to generate at 50kb, but insists on generated at 30.

Any idea what's up with this and how to make it work?

-- Sarah
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose