[Mailman-Users] Urgent! Guys, I need help!

Lewis Lau wtlewis at cityu.edu.hk
Thu Apr 18 20:49:23 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I need to setup a mailing list for a discussion group by this Firday,
but now I'm facing a big problem (Maybe just a minor one for you guys),
but it definately get me confused! I wish someone can kindly give me
advice to fix this problem. I really need a hand!!

I'm running Mailman 2.0.9 on Mandrake 8.1, using Postfix-20010228-pl03
as the MTA. I can send and receive email with the accounts on this
machine porperly, so I assumed that both the Mandrake Linux and Postfix
on my machine were well configured.

When I create a list called "test3" with the "newlist" command in the
terminal, the message shown seems no problem at all.

## test3 mailing list
## created 19-April-2002 apollo
test3:                    "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test3"
test3-admin:        "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test3"
test3-request:       "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test3"
test3-owner:         test3-admin

I do receive an email to notify me a new list "test3" has been created.
When I add some email address to this list with the web interface, it
works great! Then all those email accounts receive a welcome email with
this message "...To post to this list, send your email to:
test3 at warman.no-ip.com".
Here the problem comes! When I try to post message with this given email
address "test3 at warman.no-ip.com", I will soonly get an undelivered mail
by the Mailer-Deamon on my Linux machine, the message looks like this:

This is the Postfix program at host warman.no-ip.com.

below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

delete your own text from the message returned below.

			The Postfix program

<test3 at warman.no-ip.com>: unknown user: "test3"

Reporting-MTA: dns; warman.no-ip.com
Arrival-Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 01:49:32 +0800 (HKT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; test3 at warman.no-ip.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: "test3"

Surely I don't have a user called "test3" on my machine, isn't that the
Mailman should take the job to handling this?! What's wrong? Should I
add any aliases  somewhere in the Mailman, and turn it back to work??

Best Regards,
Lewis Lau