[Mailman-Users] Mailman alias

Seth H Holmes sholmes at route-fu.net
Fri Apr 19 06:30:31 CEST 2002

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, sheila adada wrote:

> Hi
>
> My Debain potato GNU/Linux server is running default setup of GNU Mailman
> 2.0.5 and having a couple of mailing lists on that. Now, we want to have
> multiple aliases for the default posting addresses for those lists.
>
> Should I do that by adding an alias in sendmail, or are there better ways of
> doing that?  Secondly, are there any security considerations in doing this ?
>   Any exploits, or likewise.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Sheila
>
> PS:  I am not subscribed to the mailing list, so I would request you to do
> me a explicit CC too.

I would say you would need both an alias in sendmail for whatever
addresses you want valid. In addition, you need to set valid aliases for
the list within the list configuration itself. I believe its handled under
the "Privacy" section. (Don't have access to a browser at the moment to
check.)

Seth H Holmes
sholmes at route-fu.net	http://www.route-fu.net
sholmes at gbuonline.com	http://www.gbuonline.com