[Mailman-Users] htdig Indexing Private Pages?

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Fri Apr 26 10:52:34 CEST 2002

At 15:07 25/04/2002 -0400, Mike Lecza wrote:

>Has anyone gotten htdig to index the Private Pages?  When I run htdig it
>just indexes the Authentication Page Is there a way to get htdig logged in
>to index the rest?

The mailman-htdig integration patches posted on sourceforge were
specifically designed to deal with this issue automatically. Each list's
TOC has a search form for the list and URLs returned by htsearch for
private archives go via a mailman script which enforces the same
authentication rules as the standard private archive access delivery script
in $prefix/Mailman/Cgi/private.py. More importantly, each list's archive is
indexed independently so that htsearch will not return hits on material
that cannot then be accessed by the user; the other problem with a common
index including private archive material is that search results can reveal
private material even if full access to the archive pages is subsequently
denied.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=444879&group_id=103&atid=300103

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=444884&group_id=103&atid=300103