[Mailman-Users] pipermail cannot parse Date: correctly

WATANABE Katsuhiro katsu at sra.co.jp
Sat Apr 27 17:50:19 CEST 2002

Pipermail cannot recognize Date: field like
    Date: Wed,3 Apr 2002 14:58:26 +0800
correctly, though it understands
    Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:58:26 +0800
perfectly. Remember that RFC2822 says a space(FWS) at the head of
"date" is optional, not mandatory:
> date-time       =       [ day-of-week "," ] date FWS time [CFWS]
> date            =       day month year
> day             =       ([FWS] 1*2DIGIT) / obs-day

You can notice the symptom of this bug when you browse date.html in
the pipermail archive and find some messages posted on 3rd Apr are
at the tail of the date-sorted list of April.

Precisely speaking, the problem is inherited from
$prefix/Mailman/pythonlib/rfc822.py . I've checked on Mailman 2.0.8.
--
WATANABE Katsuhiro
Software Research Associates, Inc.