[Mailman-Users] Error when running check_perms

Bruce Embrey embrey at hood.edu
Sun Apr 28 03:40:18 CEST 2002

I currently have a RedHat 7.2 with mailman 2.0.8-1 installed. I have
several lists installed and they are functioning fine. I am getting some
errors in the cron jobs relating to qrunner and several others. I decided
to run check_perms to verify all the perms were correct. Here is the output
from that command:

[root at helios mailman]# bin/check_perms -f
Traceback (innermost last):
File "bin/check_perms", line 50, in ?
MAILMAN_GRPNAME = grp.getgrgid(MAILMAN_GID)[0]
TypeError: illegal argument type for built-in operation

Mailman has a user account UID of 41and group account GID of 41. What does
this error mean and how do I correct it?
Bruce Embrey

Bruce Edward Embrey : VMS /Linux Systems Manager /Campus Email Admin :
Hood College : embrey at hood.edu : Phone (301)696-3927 : Fax (301)696-3913