[Mailman-Users] Way to block virii?

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 29 14:26:22 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 00:09, Frederick Noronha wrote:
> Is there any way to block virus using Mailman? I know it's possible to
> block e-mails that cross a certain size limit, but these days virii come
> in small sizes too...
> Any way to just keep out *all* attachments? FN

Frederick,
This is what I do.

Privacy Options -> Spam-specific posting filters
Hold posts with header value matching a specified regexp.

Rejection Message:
Please configure your email client [1] to send text/plain messages to
this list. Instead of attachments, you should include any diagnostic
information as in-line text in the main message body.

[1] http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

Details:
Only messages with a Content-type: of "text/plain" and
"multipart/signed" are automatically posted to the list. All other
content-types are held for administrative action.

If you have any questions about this policy, please send them to
<yourlist-admin at yourdomain>.

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
http://leaf-project.org/