[Mailman-Users] Setting up limited access mailing list with mailman-2.1b1

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Mon Apr 29 18:18:10 CEST 2002

    MF> I'm playing around and testing out mailman-2.1b1 and I would
    MF> like to set up a mailing list that has many members but only a
    MF> few special people can post to.  I can't seem to find the
    MF> "member_posting_only" option mentioned in the mailman-2.0.X
    MF> posts.  Has this functionality changed for 2.1?

Yes.  To do this, turn on the moderation flag for all users, and set
the action-on-moderation to one of reject, hold, or discard.

Then for the privileged posters, either turn off their moderation flag
(if they're members), or add them to the accept_these_nonmembers box
in the Privacy options.

-Barry