[Mailman-Users] Editing the archives HTML pages

Webmaster ST Frontier Fleet webmaster at frontierfleet.com
Wed Aug 21 13:32:31 CEST 2002

> Hello,
>
> How can I edit the HTML of the archives pages?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Anclo

Hi Anclo,

I've been looking for an answer to that question for a while, but the
only solution I could find was switching from the internal pipermail
archive to an external archive like MhonArc.

However, as that solution was not my favorite one, seeing I could not
figure out if and how this could done on a per list setting (only for
all lists mailman was running, which was not what I wanted), I ended up
writing a special PHP script that dynamically loaded the original
mailman archives and added a CSS stylesheet file, which adds another
look to the page. However, this script is completely customized for our
own usage... although I suppose changes could be made to make it a more
general script...

In each case, AFAIK the easiest way is setting up an external archiver.

I hope this answers your question sufficiently.... and if somebody knows
a better answer... feel free to correct me.

Kind regards,

Guido