[Mailman-Users] Mailman configuration problems

Satheesh Kolathur kn_satheesh at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 18:40:59 CET 2002

I have a problem with configuring Mailman.

I am installing Mailman 1.1 because I do not have the latest version of
Python and there is a ripple effect if i need to upgrade the software.

So I decided to go with Mailman 1.1 with a compatible version of
Python.

I need support for virtual hosts. I was wondering if Mailman 1.1
supports it.

Also, I successfully installed Mailman and created a test list.
I got an email to my account with a link to the mailman administrator
site.
When i check the link http://www.openmp.org/mailman/admin/satheeshtest
it says

"Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request..........."

Mu suexec_log is as below
---------
[2002-02-15 12:05:55]: info: (target/actual) uid: (ompweb/ompweb) gid:
(ompweb/ompweb) cmd: index.cgi
[2002-02-15 12:06:14]: info: (target/actual) uid: (ompweb/ompweb) gid:
(ompweb/ompweb) cmd: index.cgi
[2002-02-15 12:06:57]: info: (target/actual) uid: (ompweb/ompweb) gid:
(ompweb/ompweb) cmd: index.cgi
---------

I have no idea whats has gone wrong. But I do not find the directory
mailman/admin/satheeshtest in www.openmp.org. Who creates it?
It is a named virtual host.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Satheesh

PS: Do you think Hypermail is any easier to install/configure ??