[Mailman-Users] ImportError: No module named Mailman

Bill Moseley moseleymm at hank.org
Thu Jan 10 15:28:14 CET 2002

Dan Mick hit me over the head and suggested strace, so full strace output
can be seen at:

http://hank.org/images/mailman.txt

This all started after a reboot one day.  I've run make install from the
distribution directory again, just in case some file was missing, but that
didn't change anything.

Of course, I'm not clear what mailman is having trouble with.  It stat's
for /home/mailman/Mailman, finds it, then tries to open other files.
/home/mailman/Mailman exists, so I'm not sure why it doesn't open it.

At this point I'm just as interested to learn how debug and to fix (instead
of just fixing it).

stat("/home/mailman/Mailman", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1649, ...}) = 0
open("/home/mailman/Mailman.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("/home/mailman/Mailmanmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file
or directory)
open("/home/mailman/Mailman.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("/home/mailman/Mailman.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley at hank.org