[Mailman-Users] RH 7.2 RPM Install Question on RH. - Access Forbiden to Web Page

Mike Gifford mike at openconcept.ca
Mon Jan 14 23:22:18 CET 2002

Hello Christopher,

Thanks for the quick reply.

On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 17:07, Christopher Mende wrote:
> What you need to do is modify your apache httpd.conf file to create a
> script alias for mailman, like such:
> ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/mailman/cgi-bin/

I've added this:
#Added by Mike for mailman
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/mailman/cgi-bin/
Alias /pipermail/ /var/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /var/mailman/archives>
Options +FollowSymlinks
</Directory>

It didn't say where to add it, I added it somewhere round the middle..
Outside of an if statement (I believe)..  I'll try to move this and see
if that works...

Nope..  Moved it right above the Virtual <VirtualHost MyIP>

Restarted the server (again) and still got the same error

> I believe there's a file called README.linux or redhat to that effect.

I was able to find this..
	/usr/share/doc/mailman-2.0.8/INSTALL

> You  should also be able to find the info on the web.

I could find some for installing mailman from a tarball, but not as an
rpm.

> There are other entries
> you'll have to add for additional web functionality as well (ie:
> pipermail). My installation is running RH7.2 as well.

Is there an rpm for pipermail?  I couldn't find it, but hadn't noticed
the Alias int he http.conf fragment above.

However, mailman must be working as otherwise I'd get a 404 error rather
than a 403 error..

Mike

--
Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting, http://www.openconcept.ca
Supporting progressive organizations in online campaigns and tools.