[Mailman-Users] Performance Question (or is it a bug ?)

thomas.minor at materna.de thomas.minor at materna.de
Thu Jan 17 11:41:26 CET 2002

> I think you will find this problem arises if the list the
> attachment is directed at is being archived and it is the internal
archiver
> code that is digging its way to the centre of the earth. I may be wrong
> but try turning of archiving for lists to which you allow large
attachments
> to be posted and I think it will go a lot faster; extracting attachments
> from archives is a problem anyway so why bother archiving them?
Thanks a lot !
Switching off the archiver did the trick for me.
I'll have a look on MHonArc to see if that one handles
the big attachements correctly.

Bye.

  Thomas Minor, Messaging & Projects
  MATERNA GmbH, Business Unit Communications
  Telefon : +49 (231) 5599 - 169
  Fax     : +49 (231) 5599 - 67 169
  live is short and love is always over in the morning,
  black wind come carry me far away
  - sisters of mercy