[Mailman-Users] Fw: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Anne Strebe arcas at cantv.net
Thu Jan 31 14:31:24 CET 2002

Good morning,

since yesterday morning, we are having trouble with three mailing lists,
installed on our server (Linux system)

In the early hours (7.00 EST - 11.00 am EST) the tolefriends list server was
down, but started to function again until around 4.00 pm EST, when all three
servers went out of order

the lists are:
tolefriends at tolefriends.com
cookbook at tolefriends.com
tf-board at tolefriends.com

When trying to access the list URL an error page with the following text
appears:

*********
tolefriends.com Mailing Lists
No such list tolefriends_tolefriends.com
There currently are no publicly-advertised mailman mailing lists on
tolefriends.com. To visit the info page for an unadvertised list, open a URL
similar to this one, but with a '/' and the right list name appended.

List administrators, you can visit the list admin overview page to find the
management interface for your list.

(Send questions or comments to mailman-owner at hydro.sourcedns.com.)

My experience is not enough to know if this could be the reason. My partner
in the USA (I live in Venezuela), will be contacting this morning our host
to find out, if this is part of the problem.

Also, if these lists are lost, is there any way to access the message files
and the members list?

For two of the lists, the member's list is easy to re-construct, each has
less than 10 members; the third list, tolefriends at tolefriends.com has over
600 members and, if we need to re-build this list, it would be very
convenient to have access to the former information in order to re-install a
list with all members and to set for each member the former delivery
options.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter

Anne

Anne Strebe, SDP, FPDA
Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela
arcas at cantv.net