[Mailman-Users] New error message

Glen Lee Edwards glen at fcwm.org
Tue Jul 2 06:02:27 CEST 2002

What does this mean, and what do I need to fix?  It started doing this
after I reconfigured eth1 for multiple IP addresses (may or may not be
related).

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 222, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 203, in main
    process_lists(lock)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 148, in process_lists
    conn, first, last = open_newsgroup(mlist)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 75, in open_newsgroup
    password=mm_cfg.NNTP_PASSWORD)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/pythonlib/nntplib.py", line 114, in
__init__
    self.welcome = self.getresp()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/pythonlib/nntplib.py", line 186, in
getresp
    raise NNTPPermanentError(resp)
Mailman.pythonlib.nntplib.NNTPPermanentError: 502 You have no permission
to talk.  Goodbye.

Glen