[Mailman-Users] How many emails address i need??

Detlef Neubauer detlef.neubauer at charite.de
Fri Jul 5 15:45:11 CEST 2002

jorgefm at cirsa.com writes:

> detlef.neubauer at charite.de writes:
> >> That was my problem ! I didn't know how to get the messages to the list.
> >> Now i'm learning how to configure the fetchmail to get the emails from
> >> the lotus notes mail server.
> >
> >It's not the normal way.
>
> What's the normal way to get the messages ?

Main mail sever get the messages and forward this directly to mailman.

In my company the MX is "hauptpostamt.charite.de" running postfix. He
accept all messages for the domain charite.de In his /etc/aliases file
is an entry like this.

,----
| listname:          listname at mailman.charite.de
| listname-admin:    listname-admin at mailman.charite.de
| listname-request:  listname-request at mailman.charit.de
`----

With this information he knows, that all messages for
"listname|-admin|-request at charite.de" is forwarded to computer
"mailman.charite.de".

Maiman's MTA (also Postfix) gets the messages and know what he must do
with them.

Tell the lotus notes mail server that he must forward all messages for
your lists to the mailman server.

> > Hola
>
> Hola? what it means? Hello?

Yes.

I thought you were from Spain.

,----
| Domain Name............ cirsa.com
|   Organization Name...... Universal de Desarrollos Electronicos S.A.
|   Organization State..... BARCELONA
|   Organization Country... ES
`----

Sinceramente (in german "Mit freundlichen Grüßen")
Detlef Neubauer

--
.oO GnuPG Key auf http://www.keyserver.net/ Oo.