[Mailman-Users] qrunner getting stuck on very large files

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Mon Jul 8 17:17:27 CEST 2002

Folks:

I'm running into a problem where qrunner will get stuck when it's trying
to process very large message files in the qfiles directory.

Usually, it appears, that it's the result of someone trying to send klez
to a list (not deliberately, of course) ... but the end result is, qrunner
stops and the list is no longer processed.

I can fix the problem by killing the qrunner processes (there are usually
a few of them), deleting the lock files, and deleting the large msg files
in the qfiles directory.

I'd like to put in place some kind of protection against this.

I've tried putting an anti-klez procmail filter in place system wide, but
it does not appear to affect aliases.

Thanks!

david

--