[Mailman-Users] Hardware Requirements

Scott Courtney courtney at 4th.com
Thu Jul 11 15:39:00 CEST 2002

On Thursday 11 July 2002 09:13 am, matthew.malthouse at guardian.co.uk wrote:
> Agree with all that.  Am using Compaq 380, 5 x 36 Gb hard discs and
> hardware Raid5, 1Gb RAM and 512Mb swap, Reiserfs.
>
> However on these machines mailman is sending batches of mail to separate
> MTA/relays.

That's a good idea, too, because it offloads the retries of failed SMTP from
the Mailman server to the separate relays.

In that kind of an environment, my idea for a RAMDISK-based /var/spool/mqueue
might not be so far-fetched, on the Mailman machine iteslf, because the mail
would only be there for a matter of seconds rather than for hours or days.

What method are you using to determind what relay gets each outbound message
transaction?

Scott

--
Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft making money. I mind them