[Mailman-Users] Web access problems after add_members

Mark Gillingham markgill at greatbooks.org
Wed Jul 24 20:54:25 CEST 2002

I'm transferring lists from LetterRip to Mailman. In so doing, I needed
to modify the list to remove names and Mac end of line characters. I did
so using Excel (remove a column) and then BBedit (save with UNIX eol). I
have 4 lists to transfer. The first list transfered without error (other
than some warnings of duplicates). After I added these members to a new
list, I checked the admin site to see if the members appeared. They did
(about 7000).

The next list did not go well even though it was smaller. Python
appeared to freeze during the add_members command. Ctr-C would not stop
it. After waiting some time, I issued "reboot -n" on the Linux box. I
checked my mail and did receive notification that members were added to
the new list. I checked the databases and all of them reported to be
fine. However, I cannot access the Admin Web pages for the second list
(I can for the initial one). I can access the 'listinfo' page for all of
the lists. The browser does not time-out when attempting to access the
admin list page, but continues to try, seemingly, forever.

Mark