[Mailman-Users] Hi everyone

David Chait davidc at bonair.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 25 00:04:37 CEST 2002

Sadly there is no good way to prosecute those low life bastards. Though we
do get lucky every now and then and level some real damage on them. Sooner
or later either legislation or technology will catch up to the point where
we can either hold these schisters accountable or stop them altogether.
Direct e-mail has about as much a legitimate place on the internet as
virtual medicine, it's a curse that all sys admins pay for. Simply put these
people are making money selling OUR resources, not their own. I am not only
reffering to lost e-mail addresses and time, but bandwidth and hardware
overhead generated by useless drivil.