[Mailman-Users] command line script for list creation

Larry Guest larry at guestfamily.com
Fri Jul 26 23:48:42 CEST 2002

I have my defaults set so it makes the list the way I want, but there are a
few options  that I need to change based on what type of list I am creating.
Right now I have to log into the GUI to make these changes and add the
members.  If I could do all this via command line it would me much faster.

What I need is a script that not only makes the list for you (like
"newlist") but will then ask you about the different option you can set for
the list.  Things like, list name, list prefix, list footers, Kb messages
size, members, etc.  Also it would be great if it could show you what it
will add to the /etc/alias file (sendmail) and then add it and run
newaliases.

There must be something like this out there.  Does anyone know about such a
tool??

Thanks