[Mailman-Users] Understanding "nomail"

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Mon Jul 29 15:07:00 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 10:54, Christian Tismer wrote:
> Now I would like to reach these members and to figure out if
> they are still interested or just don't think of the list
> since they never get any messages. Is it correct to switch
> nomail off for them and send some test message?
> Is it common that people use this flag (so I should
> respect it) or is it more common that Mailman sets it?
> And do these people also get no mailman remainder messages?
> Then it might be likely that they are just nominal members.

People who have nomail set will still get the monthly password reminders
to prod them that they do have this subscription.

Other than that nomail is normally used to allow posting from addresses
other than that which receives the mail - I myself have a number of
nomail accounts set on various lists.

	Nigel.