Fwd: Re: [Mailman-Users] Moderated list

irwin irwin at taranto.com
Wed Jul 31 00:07:11 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 30 July 2002 10:32 am, you wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 09:10:30AM -0700, irwin wrote:
> > Doesn't appear to be.   Unless somehow it is comparing to host.domain.com
> > instead of just domain.com, but I cannot find any reference in any of the
> > headers to host.domain.com.
>
> Does this question from the FAQ (http://www.list.org/faq.html) sound at
> all like what you're seeing?
>
>   Q. I set member_posting_only to yes because I want to limit posts to
>   members only, however it seems like all messages coming from members
>   are held for approval. Why?

No.    I set up a new list for testing.   First, I made the list un-moderated
and subscribed.   The message was delivered without requesting approval.
Secondly, I made the list moderated and posting from the administrator
account the message requested approval.
Lastly, I moved to another computer, a WIN 98, with a different internet
account, made that account an administrator, subscribed, and tried to post.
The result was that both administrators received a message requesting
approval.

Maybe that is the way it is supposed to work?

Thanks for your help.

Irwin