[Mailman-Users] reply to: poster

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Tue Jun 18 17:13:05 CEST 2002

At 16:48 17/06/2002 -0700, Christopher Adams wrote:

>I am a bit confused. I want to set the default to all lists to reply to the
>original poster.

The standard installation default in $prefix/Mailman/Defaults.py is
DEFAULT_REPLY_GOES_TO_LIST = 0 which is what you want.

DEFAULT_REPLY_GOES_TO_LIST = 0 says do not munge the Reply-To header; as a
consequence it should go to the Poster.

>In the mm_cfg.py file, I added the following:
>
>DEFAULT_REPLY_GOES_TO_LIST = 2
>
>In the list administration page for a list the configuration for : Where are
>replies to list messages directed? is set to: Explicit Address.
>
>The next configuration is: Explicit Reply-To: header. Poster is not acceptd as
>an address, so where do I specify this.
>
>I have been reading the archives and FAQs, but am still in need of some
>guidance.

If you set DEFAULT_REPLY_GOES_TO_LIST to other than 0 in your mm_cfg.py
then you can change the option to Poster for a particular list by selecting
the Poster radio button next to the 'Where are replies to list messages
directed? ' option on the list's General Options web admin GUI page.