[Mailman-Users] Bug? Mailman letting large messages through.

Marc MERLIN marc_news at vasoftware.com
Mon Mar 4 06:28:31 CET 2002

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 05:27:34PM +1100, Robert Davidson wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I run MailMan v2.0.8-3 (debians version) and the maximum message size is
> set to 40 kb.

Did you set that in the individual list or mm_cfg.py.
If it's the later, you have to set it in the list if it was created before
you edited mm_cfg.py

> The damn thing just sent out 305 copies of a members post which had a
> 1.17Mb attachment!

I'm guessing that it wasn't approved by someone else, but you can always
check in your logs (~mailman/logs/vette).
It would look like this:
vette:Jan 14 04:22:35 2002 (5763) Zark post from vincent.fillion at ldcom.fr held: Le corps du message est trop gros: 6594549 octets avec une limite de 5000 KB
(except yours would be in English ;-D)

> I can not hack the code as I'm not familiar with python.

Me neither, but I bought a python book as a result :-)

Marc