[Mailman-Users] Blank archive page

Kelly Corbin kcorbin at theiqgroup.com
Wed Mar 6 22:21:07 CET 2002

I just got Mailman up an running, ironed out most of the bugs, and I'm
left with one small problem and one configuration question.  First of
all, my archive index.html page is blank.  If I put another URL under
that archive index tree like  /2002-March/, the page opens and I can
read the archived messages.  Here's an/the error from the error log:

   Mar 06 15:00:02 2002 qrunner(14695): OSError: [Errno 2] No such file
or directory:
'/home/mailman/archives/private/kelly_test.mbox/kelly_test.mbox'

Why wouldn't that file be there, or rather should it be looking
somewhere else?  I'm not using any external archiver; I only want to use
  Mailman/Pipermail so I have

ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 0

in my mm_cfg.py

Any reason the main page would be blank?  I've deleted it and posted
more messages only to have it come up blank again.

Also, is there a way to specify the hostname in the 'To:' field in
messages sent from the list?  Instead of getting the list host, I get
the mail server hostname.  I.E. a list is setup with lists.mydomain.com
as the preferred host name running on server mailer.mydomain.com.  Mail
sent to my_list at lists.mydomain.com is sent to list members with the
'To:' field set to my_list at mailer.mydomain.com instead of
my_list at lists.mydomain.com.  I know this is because the true hostname of
the machine that is doing the mailing is mailer.mydomain.com, but is
there a way to force the hostname to use the list hostname?

Thanks!

Kelly

-- Kelly Corbin
-- Systems Administrator