[Mailman-Users] Bi-Monthly Reminders

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Mar 9 02:04:14 CET 2002

Sam Williams wrote:

> 1)  How do we send out an immediate reminder message to get the correct
> passwords out?
> 2)  How can we edit how often the reminder messages are sent?

    Password reminders are done through the crontab:

# 5 AM on the first of each month, mail out password reminders.
0 5 1 * * /usr/local/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/mailpasswds

    You can manually trigger it now so that it sends out the current (new) passwords out, and then adjust the crontab to send the passwords out twice a month.  Read 'man crontab' (or man 5 crontab) for more help.

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130